Monday, September 8, 2014

Miami Beach through my lens: August

Last month, I checked out the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach. The museum was found in 1963 from a private collection by art collectors John and Johann Bass. The main focus is on international contemporary art; but it also features a permanent collection with works from the 19th century and Asian art.

 



There is a current exhibition titled Gold that I wanted to check out and I thought was fantastic. It includes installation, video, art, and sculptures by different artists, all with the precious metal as the main subject.




There is another wonderful exhibition by artist El Anatsui, titled Gravity and Grace: Monumental works by El Anatsui. This is his first solo show in the United States, and I highly recommend you see this if you have the chance. He constructs this very large metal wall and floor sculptures that left me completely in awe.








I always feel so inspired after visiting a museum, and the Bass Museum is a great place to unwind from the everyday hustle and get a strong dose of inspiration.


Miami Beach through my lens is a photographic quest to discover the great city of Miami Beach.
Starting January 2014, I will explore a new place every month throughout the year, and share my findings with you. Armed with my trusty camera, I aim to get to know this wonderful city better, and improve my photography skills as I go. Tag along!


Images: Monica Aguinaga

3 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Wow, the metal wall and the floor sculptures blew me away! Incredible:) Have a great day, sweetie.

Melissa Blake said...

Miami Beach has always been on my bucket list...great photos!

Monica Aguinaga said...

thank you, girls!