Thursday, December 12, 2013

Looking back: 2013 in New York City


What a year it was! In 2013, I went on a urban quest, camera on hand, and together we explored New York through my lens : 12 places that I love and consider my favorites. Thanks for sharing this journey with me, it was a blast! Let's revisit every place, and every season, shall we?


The arrival of Spring took us to Brooklyn, where we had brunch at Egg, and drank excellent french press coffee and ate baked eggs on a brioche. We also saw the Cherry Blossoms at the Botanical Garden. Finally, we saw art at MoMA PS1 and had lunch at M. Wells Dinette (had baked eggs, too!)


Hooray for Summer! We spent a morning at the Hester Street Fair, sampling all the food vendors and checking out all the artisan goods. We also took our bikes on the ferry to Governors Island and spend the day there. To close our Summer, we had cocktails at 230 Fifth, my favorite rooftop bar with close up view of the Empire State.


Oh Fall! Everybody's favorite season! To start off, we sail around Manhattan on a cruise and saw the island (and the other boroughs) from every angle. We also went to foodies paradise, Chelsea Market (chocolate ravioli, I'm still thinking about you) and finally, a trip to the Brooklyn Brewery, it was so much fun.


And to finalize, Winter (brrr!). I fought my winter blues eating Viennese pastries at Cafe Sabarsky, kept my stamina up ice skating in Bryant Park, and learn A LOT about immigrant history in NY visiting the Tenement Museum (my favorite museum in the city).

Did you enjoy the journey? I sure did, and hope you guys have your sunscreen and sunglasses ready, because in only a few weeks we will start discovering Miami. Ready? Me too!

1 comment:

Melissa Blake said...

What a busy -- and fun -- year!! Happy holidays to you! Where did the year go, anyway? :(