Sunday, June 30, 2013

New York through my lens: June

This month, to celebrate the arrival of Summer, I went to the Hester St. Fair, located in the Lower East Side.






I spend a lovely morning sampling all the food vendors (La Newyorkina paletas are the best!). Here are more pictures, if you'd like to see.

Ok, we're almost halfway through the year, and I still have many places to see. If you've missed the previous months, here they are:

January: I fought my winter blues ice-skating in my favorite ice rink: Citi Pond at Bryant Park.
February: I learned a lot about immigrant life in NYC, and got to see first hand how immigrants lived in the 1800's. Have you visited the Tenement Museum?
March: I crossed two rivers (Hudson and East) to have a very memorable breakfast (french press coffee included) at Egg.
April: Spring sprung with full force at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden: Cherry Blossoms everywhere!
May: I visited Long Island City, saw some art and had lunch at Ms. Wells Dinette inside Moma PS1.
June: Summer is officially here, I went to the Hester St. Fair and soak some sun while perusing the artisan goods.


Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! Are you doing anything fun?

Images: Monica Aguinaga.


No comments: