Sunday, May 19, 2013

New York through my lens: May




May is already halfway through.  2013 is going fast, fast, fast. This month, I took the E train all the way to Queens to visit the museum MOMA PS1. I was also excited to try the food at the M. Wells Dinette inside the museum. The cafeteria is set as a classroom, the menu is written on a chalkboard and you sit on a communal school desk. 



Previous months: January, FebruaryMarch and April.

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm planning to feature more outdoor places on NYTML: an historic outdoor market in the Lower East Side, an island that used to be a military outpost, and a bike ride to my favorite neighborhood in the city (where Truman Capote lived). Can you guess where I'll be going? Come on, it's easy-peasy! The answer is in the question.

Please, feel free to make suggestions, I'd love to discover hidden gems in the city!


Images: Monica Aguinaga.


4 comments:

Regine Karpel said...

Yum!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, May is almost over and I still feel like it's only April. It's crazy how fast this year is flying by....Happy day, sweetie and your photos are beautiful.

Claire said...

Love your pictures! I went to MoMA PS1 in February and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Must return for to try the cafeteria. I'm excited for your future posts of Governor's Island and Brooklyn!

Monica | Hola!design said...

Hi Claire! You should try the cafeteria for sure! The food and atmosphere is great!!!