Sunday, November 13, 2011

About creativity + Rainbow Parade


Last Friday was a colorful one! I had the pleasure of attending Creative Mornings (organized by Tina Roth Eisenberg aka SwissMiss), with Jessi Arrington (one of my favorite designers) as the speaker. She gave an amazing talk about creativity that lifted my spirits, and inspired me to be more optimistic and creative.
Jessi, whose favorite color is rainbow, had asked us to wear one color so we could form a rainbow parade (remember the last one?) I wore red head to toe. With Tina leading the way, we walked trough DUMBO with a marching band.  A few members of the team Girl Walk/All day were there to film the parade, which made the whole thing even more special.

Tina & the Marching Band.

You gotta have music!
Color everywhere!

Kevin and Freddie, the chimp.

Jessi!

It was so much fun! Jessi's talk should be uploaded soon to Creative Mornings' Vimeo channel, so stay tuned so you can watch it. It was unforgettable, funny and very moving.


P.S. In case you missed Jessi's TED talk: here it is.


Images: Monica Aguiñaga

3 comments:

ali said...

These pictures are amazing!

Anna Elder said...

this is so cool! I love the DUMBO area. my husband and i attended a wedding over the summer at DUMBO Loft and our friends live in Williamsburg. I love Brooklyn. I also love your header. Very pretty. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I loved her rainbow parade last year and this sounds like to much fun. I cant wait to see the video:) Glad you had an awesome time, sweetie. Have a great Friday. xo