Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Very Relaxing Weekend + Salted Chocolate-Covered Goodies


The weather was gorgeous over the weekend in Manhattan, so I decided to spend my Saturday afternoon roller-blading along the Hudson River and enjoying the sun.



I finally had the chance to go to the High Line, which is a park built on a section of the former elevated freight railroad spur called the West Side Line. It runs from Gansevoort Street in the Meatpacking District to 34th Street, between 10th & 11th Avenues. It was nice to see the city from above.


There are a wide variety of plants and flowers over there.

It was cool to see the old train tracks. I haven't been in the Meat-Packing district in at least 2 years, it's a fun area with restaurants and boutiques. Also, there's The Biergarten (next to the Stantard hotel), which was packed and looks like so much fun.  I guess I'll have to go and check it out. :)

On a different note, I was in the mood for something sweet on Sunday, so I decided to make these Salted Chocolate Graham Crackers. I used this recipe from Bitchin Camero, one of my favorite cooking blogs.



















Oh, yes! It's chocolate! By the way, they came out great.




















Have a sweet week!

1 comment:

Diana Mieczan said...

Mmm...Yummy:) Looks like you had a fantastic weekend,sweetie
Wish you a great Monday as well
Hugs