Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tomato, Butter, Onion and Salt

...is all you need to make a delicious tomato sauce to go with your pasta. I found this recipe at Salt & Fat, one of my favorite cooking blogs, and it seemed easy enough for me.


Of course, it will taste even better if you use fresh tomatoes, but it's OK to use canned tomatoes. San Marzano tomatoes are quite delicious and perfect for this recipe. 


You'll also need a yellow onion and butter.


Simmer everything for 40-50 minutes, add salt if needed and you have a super yummy sauce. You can add more ingredients if you like, such as wine,  meat, herbs, anything you want! Although, let me tell you, it's really good as it is. By the way, you may discard the onion after i'ts done, but I recommend eating it, it's so tasty!


So, there you have it, a tomato-butter sauce with pasta cooked al dente.

Have a Happy Friday!

No comments: